11 February 2011

A pretty day

Dear Thumper,

Hi. This is Mom.

It's a beautiful Joburg day today - blue skies, yellow sunshine, green jacuzzi water. The usual. You know. And I'm in my deliciously air-conditioned office, with my coffee and my cats, far removed from the blistering 28-degree heat.

The wonderful Robson is here, painting your room. We also have Laurancia and Alec on-site. And when Roxana arrives it'll be a full house. I do love a team hard at work.

I should be studiously beginning a web copy deck on chemicals. Yes, really. But I don't feel like it. So instead of tweeting, checking Facebook or fart-arsing about, I'm blogging - which makes me feel infinitely more productive and considerably less guilty.

Dad's here, in only-grunting-in-response-mode - but that's better than nothing. And today Dad and I have been together for 59 months, just one little month shy of five years. 59 months ago was Dad's 29th birthday party at the Radium, and that was the night we stood under the jacarandas off Louis Botha Ave at midnight, atop broken glass, condoms and drunk people's vomit (I imagine), and became a couple.

Sweet story, huh?

May you, like me, enjoy life's pretty days and, like your Dad, delight equally in the miff rainy ones.

Love you.

Mom x

No comments:

Post a Comment