09 February 2011

Confession time

Dear Thumper,

Hi. This is Mom.

So, confession time... I love Twitter. A lot. In fact, I love Twitter so much that I often have to stop myself tweeting preggie things or things about you, because my 750 followers don't seem to like it much (bar the 10 or so who are people I actually know and who love you already...) Every time I say something like,

In 2 days, I will be 30 yrs old. 8.25 months pregnant. 10 kilos heavier. And, for the first + only time, happy about all 3.

or

My hub is a redhead. So I'm hoping our baby looks a bit like this - http://tinyurl.com/47an26k - except with darker brows & lashes. Ca-yoot!

or

A friend's getting married 2 wks after my baby's due. I need to rsvp, but have no idea whether baby will be early, on time, late... Help?

...I get dumped - by about 4-5 followers - like a clingy chick with Daddy issues. People clearly prefer my bitchy 'Hi Tiffany' tweets, in which I moan about my clients and their often bizarre requests. People are clearly in it for the writing tips and the business savvy and all that jazz. Oh well.

I love it for the news. The up-to-the-minute skinner. And the fact that I don't have to read the newspaper any more. (When you're big, remind me to explain what a 'meme' is; I've just learned, and I think they're cool. Tho', in fairness, you'll probably know these things long before I do...) I also love it because I'm no longer horribly impatient in queues, waiting rooms or when other people are late.

This is very important for an A-type.

But the rationale for this post is that I had tuna mayo on health bread for lunch, with fresh tomato, and I was going to tweet about how deliciously delicious it was, but then I realised that this blog was there and that perhaps you'd be a better audience for that sort of thing. No? Oh well.

Okay, instead, here's a list of 10 things I love:

1. Your alien movements. Your funny feet. And everything else about you so far.
2. Your dad.
3. Our 3 psycho cats.
4. My mom - your mad Yaya.
5. Earrings.
6. Coffee. Black. No sugar.
7. My beed.
8. Stationery.
9. Having Laurancia make and bring me lunch (like tuna mayo) sometimes.
10. Twitter.

May your life be full of the things you love.

Love you.

Mom x

No comments:

Post a Comment