24 June 2011

So clever!

Hi Milla.

It's Mom.

There have been so many times over the last few days or so that I've ITCHED to blog to you. Because you've done so many things over the last few days or so that are noteworthy, and I have this unbelievable need to record them somehow... Here are a few:

1. Real, proper, determined thumb-sucking. So much so that when I went into your room yesterday morning, at the very civilised hour of 6.45am, to get you, you more or less ignored me and carried on with your thumb. Ca-yoot!

2. Real, proper reaching for things. Tonight, when I changed your nappy, you grabbed the cool recycled bells-and-little-funny-toys-thingy we got from our baby massage classes and really held onto it, making it ring all by yourself.

3. Real, proper conversations. The other day, in the car, we had our very first ever gurgle-and-respond, mom-and-baba, back-and-forth conversation. It was amazing. So purposeful, and so cool. Dad was so busy watching us in the rearview baby mirror he could barely drive the car. But that's a bad joke, cos he recently couldn't drive the car, as it happens, and had a close encounter with a large wooden stake...

4. Real, proper laughing. This is the cutest thing I've ever seen and heard. You are exceptional. And I love you, my beautiful, clever, genius, smiley, gurgly, pretty girl. You are my joy.

Mom x

No comments:

Post a Comment