21 June 2011

Hello again.

Hi Milla.

This is Mom.

It's been a while. To be honest, Mom has been in a bit of a hole for the last few weeks. I'm coming out of it now, thanks to you, your spectacular father and some very good medication/medical intervention, but I feel that you deserve a short update on some of the things you've recently started doing that I love more than words can say.

Milestone-wise, you're doing so brilliantly. Smiling, laughing, reaching for things. Every day brings some new discovery of what your hands, feet, face or fingers can achieve and Dad and I love watching it become regular. Like, yesterday was the day you learned to get your hands to your mouth and suck on your fingers.

On purpose. Not just by accident.

And sometimes you even got your thumb in. Now, I planned to be one of those moms who disallowed thumb-sucking (probably because your Dad sucked his til he was about 14 and your Yiayia still occasionally 'thucks' hers at 61), but it's so damn cute that I can't possibly stop you. And, I can't possibly stop you. You're too determined.

I love you, my baby girl. Madly.

May you continue to learn things in your own time and on your own schedule - but still be a complete, utter, unbelievable genius :) Thanks.

Love Mom x

No comments:

Post a Comment