15 April 2012

Hoo boy - the deliciousness...

Hello, my darling Milla.

It's Mom.

What a whirlwind the last few months have been.

You're growing like a little beanstalk (I guess that makes Dad the grumpy giant and me...um...Jack...?) and getting more adorable by the second.

And, so I don't forget anything...

Some milestones:

1. Running (No, not walking. Running. At speed.)

2. Saying 'good girl', 'Lolo' (Lourancia), 'Yaya', 'cock-cock' (as in -a-doodle-doo), 'moo', 'more', and a few other things - but not flippin' 'Mama'; at least, not when looking at me. May I remind you, dear girl, that I was in agonising labour for 10 HOURS? Can you say 'Mama'? Please?

3. Putting things into the right-shaped holes

4. Fetching and carrying

5. Going upstairs by foot and not on all fours, if someone holds your hand

6. Hugging

7. Kissing - kind of, with your mouth wide open and in an 'I'm-trying-hard-to-eat-you' kind of way

8. Saying hello and bye-bye

9. Putting your head down when you're tired

10. Playing alone in your cot in the mornings (Thank you, thank you, thank you, Auntie Tanzy, for telling Mom to put toys and a sippy cup in your cot overnight!)

And a bonus one: Eating funny things like olives, squid heads, naartjie peel, marrows, edamame, and - bleccchhh, I can barely type this without gagging; whose friggin' child are you? - chopped liver.

Your birthday

Your first birthday was a huge success. You loved your amazing rubber duck cake from Auntie Vanessa, you were spoiled with beautiful (and educational) gifts, and everyone made a huge fuss.

Also, Mommy and Daddy survived the first year! So we all had cause to celebrate. Pics to follow, for posterity.

Life in general

Mommy and Daddy are good. A bit stressed about all sorts of things and a lot tired, but plodding on and making the most...

1. The big house is:

a) looking utterly magnificent,
b) making Mom and Dad remember why they fell in love with it in the first place,
c) no longer costing billions now that the renovations are done and it's been rented out for a year and
d) as secure as the Reserve Bank, so in the running for potential occupation by us - yes, after all that - in a year's time.

2. The cluster is still home: snug, cosy, friendly, sunny and happy. We love it here. I realised today how very unhappy Dad and I were in the old place, and what a difference it makes to feel completely at peace in your home.

I also realised that the coming winter doesn't scare me as much as the last one. Dad says that this is because I'm not depressed this time round, and he's mostly right, but even the PND twinges I've been having lately are bearable - in this house.

3. I like threes, so I feel obliged to add one more life-in-general item, even tho' my back aches (you're damn cute, but damn heavy), I have work to do, and it's 8.45pm. So let's leave it there, shall we?

May you have wonderful birthdays that are as memorable and special as Yaya always ensured that mine were, and may you work hard to make your loved ones' birthdays special too.

I love you.

Love Mom x

No comments:

Post a Comment