19 December 2011

Something to be grateful for

Hi Milla.

It's Mom.

Believe it or not, this little blog post isn't actually about you.

Although - at 8.5 months - you're so cute it's obscene. You have a tooth, and several adorable habits (like smacking your lips between bites, eating lemon wedges, giving five, saying 'Mamamamamama' on repeat, and wrinkling your nose when you smile), and you're crawling up a storm, standing brilliantly and starting to toddle if your hand is held. You also occasionally lift your knees up off the floor when crawling. And you yawn, eat and look a lot like a little tortoise.

But, moving on. This post is about gratitude. And your Dad.

A week or two ago, I leaped aboard the #thingsIamgratefulfor meme on Twitter, and started posting daily tweets about things I felt grateful for. I got to number 6. And stopped. Not because I ran out of things to thank the universe for, but because I got bored with the meme.

This morning, tho', while lying awake in the scary hours (because I'd dreamed someone had stolen you and couldn't get back to sleep once I checked that you were a) still there and b) still breathing), I started thinking about numbers. And this made me absurdly grateful.

Here they are:

  • 5    The number of dates Dad and I had before he asked for an exclusive :)
  • 3    The number of months it took me and Dad to realise we loved each other
  • 8    The number of months til Dad asked me to marry him
  • 3    The number of seconds it took me to say Yes
  • 20  The number of months we were together, in total, before we were married
  • 3.5 The number of years we were together before we had you
  • 6    The number of weeks it took for us to get pregnant with you
  • (60  The number of years I hope your Dad and I will still have together)

And all of these numbers make me feel absurdly grateful.

As do you. Because you're deliciousness personified.

May you feel grateful for so many wonderful things in your life.

I love you.

Mom x

No comments:

Post a Comment