26 December 2011

Buckets, spades and false eyelashes

Hi Milla.

It's Mom.

We took you to the Sedgefield lagoon yesterday, to play in the rock pools.

You looked so cute in your little sunhat and swimsuit-thingy, sitting in the water and eating the spade. You did one of your face-dives at one point and ended up covered in sand. Which you didn't like. And I, uncharacteristically, sat beside you (in my 50s-style Granny cossie, hat and fab sunnies) - caring not a jot that I'm pale, freckly and not in beach-ready shape.

It was then that I realised how much this holiday differs from holidays past.

As far as aesthetics are concerned, that is.

1. No eyelash extensions
2. No fake tan
3. No freshly applied hair colour
4. No perfect mani and pedi
5. No heels. None.
6. No teeny bikini
7. No suntan oil
8. No glittery moisturiser
9. No makeup. None.

I have also swum in the lagoon, which I never do. Worn my nightie til noon. Worn SPF 50. Kept my hat on. Shmeared you with sun stuff. Often. Eaten multiple choccie soft serves.

It's been heavenly.

I like holidays with you much better than all those past. (Except possibly the Asian ones :)

May you love your holidays, you little sand crab.

Love you.

Mom x

No comments:

Post a Comment