24 March 2011

3 days to go

How pretty is your dandelion wall?
Dear Thumper,

Hi. This is Mom.

How're you doing in there, angel? To be honest, I thought (we all thought) you'd be here by now. 3 days to go til due date, and no sign of you. You must be enjoying yourself... So that's something...

Dad and I are feeling flat. About three weeks ago we were raring for the big moment: prepared, in tune, on the go. I felt fit and well-informed and on top of things. The bags were packed and in the car.

Now I'm bigger than ever, too weary to exercise, too achy to sleep, too far removed from antenatal classes to remember anything and both bags are in the bedroom and having things removed from them daily.

We're also falling victim to denial-mixed-with-conviction syndrome. In short, we're either convinced you're en route every single night, or talking ourselves out of the Braxton-Hicks actually being 'real'.

To be fair, the conviction part is more me than Dad.

So, we've decided to try to pretend to be on holiday.

The theory is: lunches out, movies, naps on the couch. You know, all Dad's favourite things. We're hoping to start this afternoon. Or tomorrow.

I'm still working half day ish, here and there. Which keeps me sane and makes me feel productive. I've also made some nice new friends - finally! Which I'm loving. But on the whole we're so excited to meet you, that we can't seem to focus much on anything else.

We do love your room, though. It's utterly divine.

Have a look...

Your cot

Our chair

Your desk-compactum

Your birdies

Your clock (okay, my clock)

Dad's systems (bath & bum)

Pretty Thailand lights

Yaya's lali (radio), Romy's lamp, our weird monkey

We love being in your room. It's such a peaceful, restful, calming place. Hope you agree. And even though it seems like being pregnant is a large practical joke and you're never, ever coming - much less on the verge of populating oh-so-your pretty room - we're going to hang there til it's time.

May you be a person who's always on time. Or slightly early. [She types, fingers crossed.]

Love you.

Mom x

No comments:

Post a Comment