23 July 2012

Our favourite things - July 2012

Hi Milla.

It's Mom.

Odd choice for a one-year-old
I have justified (to myself) the fact that I've not blogged in two months by referring (myself) to all the talking we now do in person. 

You have a lot to say. In so many different, amazing words. And I've been concentrating every second of spare time on those conversations. So there you have it: my excuse.

But I love this meme. So, let's do it again:

Favourite expression
Yours: 'Naughty boya' (referring to Reacher the Cat, your friend Amber and just about anyone else.)
Mine: 'This kid is a flipping genius.' (Yep, I'm one of *those* annoying moms.)

Favourite piece/s of clothing
Yours: Handbags (mine), boots (yours)
You even eat the green bit.
Mine: Headbands (I'm getting lazier as I age, and refusing to 'do' my hair for work)

Favourite hobbies
Yours: Reading
Mine: Reading, mindless TV-watching, Pinterest

Favourite drink
Yours: 'Dooce', sparkling water, anything out of a grown-up glass
Mine: Coffee. Strong. Black. 

Favourite food
Yours: 'MATO!' (tomatoes; this is not just bordering on obsession - it's full-grown fanaticism)
Mine: Pizza (I'm going through an I'll-eat-anything-fattening-so-bugger-my-rapidly-increasing-waistline phase)

Favourite snack
Where's Mr Hada?
Yours: You say 'nack' a lot (you have my appetite, and Dad's): matoes, sugarsnap peas, coco pops, 'stawbys'
Mine: Crap (see Favourite food above)

Favourite apps
Yours: Old MacDonald from Kids' Song Collection
Mine: Pinterest, Gautrain, Standard Bank, Discovery

Favourite TV shows
Yours: Lazytown? (Whatever you were watching at Raphy and Ben's house on Saturday)
Mine: Downton Abbey (yep, again)

Little curly-top, aka your 'jewfro'
Worst activity
Yours: Having your hair dried - either manually or with the hairdryer
Mine: Admin. Invoicing. Filing. 

Latest discoveries
Yours: 'No biting; only kithing'.
Mine: That unpolished nails are actually quite cool

Latest achievement
Yours: Where do I start? Talking. The stairs. 'Reading'. Packing things away.
Mine: Discovering that I love motherhood more than ever and more than I ever thought possible

Favourite place in the house
Yours: In the garden. Hands down. Looking for 'hadas', 'ehplanes', woowoos' and 'beds' (birds)
Mine: In my bed. Ideally, alone. Minus flailing octopus. And sometimes, minus Dad.

Favourite toys
Yours: Any 'mote' (remote), any 'aybet' (iPad)
Mine: My magic mouse

I love you. To distraction. 

Love Mom x

No comments:

Post a Comment