25 March 2012

Chattanooga Choo-Choo!

Hi Milla.

It's Mom.

We're a week away from your 1st birthday (can you believe it?) and you're getting cuter by the minute. You're also talking. A lot.

So I figure that, before you get any older (and start talking back), I need to document some of the utterly adorable things you say.

1. 'Up.' You say this perfectly clearly. And in context. When you want to be picked up, you go up a stair or you get to the relevant bit in 'Twinkle, twinkle...'

2. 'Go.' You say this one in context too - but with Lourancia's accent. So it sounds like 'goh', not 'goe'. Very cute. Especially when you're marching out of a room, after the cats. But possibly something we should nip in the ol' bud (the pronunciation).

3. 'Yay!' This is my favourite. If you do something clever (d-uh, all the time...), I clap my hands and say, 'Yay, Milla!' So you've started saying 'Yay' and clapping your hands. Complete with a waspy private school accent. I love it.

4. 'Ba-ba.' This is your version of the first bit of Baa Baa Black Sheep a.k.a your Go-The-F**k-To-Sleep song. BUT it's also how you say 'bear', 'book', 'ball' and a host of other things that start with 'b'.

5. Right, now I'm just giving a list - cos I'm tired: 'doh' (door), 'deh' (there), 'ta-ta' (goodbye), 'gogo' (Hilary), 'didi' (Cindy), 'gak' (cat) and 'woo-woo' (dog). But no bloody 'mama' or 'dada'. Can you get a move on with those, please? Thanks.

May the next week be filled with fun, laughter, kisses and good times. And then you'll be O.N.E.

I love you.

Mom x

P.S Dad doesn't actually believe that you can say any of these things. The doofus. But you can chew on demand. Flippin' genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment